Monday, July 6, 2015

Student Spotlight : Kierra Hill

Kierra Hill
"My name is Kierra Hill, and I am a biology major in the College of Sciences and Technology (COST). I am a recipient of the MAGEC-STEM PLUS Scholarship, and I receive financial aid."

"Financial aid is a fundamental part of my matriculation here at Savannah State. Without the combination of my scholarship and financial aid, I would not be able to fund my education, and ultimately, attain my dream of becoming a neurologist. I am grateful for the opportunities afforded to me by my scholarship, as well as financial aid."

Through the MAGEC-STEM PLUS program, Kierra has been able to conduct research in the field of chemistry overseas in one of the most prestigious universities in China; Tianjin University, in Tianjin, China. She is a firm believer that aid in any form, whether it be in the form of a scholarship or financial aid, is very important in the success of a student determined to reach his or her goal of graduating.