Monday, July 6, 2015

Student Spotlight : Shanay Campbell

Shanay Campbell
Shanay Campbell, a Mass Communications major from the Washington, D.C. area, completed an internship this summer with Radio One in Washington, D.C., her hometown. She worked with the network's digital and promotions department assisting with online content for four local stations.

This school year, Ms. Campbell was awarded a scholarship that has not only provided the financial assistance she needs to pursue her dream of working in radio, but also, encouragement to continue to work hard academically.

"I was elated to get the scholarship," Ms. Campbell says. "It was another way for me to be able to focus on my academics and not worry about the financial burden that comes with the college experience, especially since I have a sister who is also in college. We come from a single-parent household."

"[Receiving the scholarship] is a motivational factor, because I know that if my GPA falls below a certain level, I may not get the financial support that I need. It keeps me pushing on those hard days. I am very appreciative of the scholarship. Not a day goes by that I don't think about the blessings that come my way through financial assistance at Savannah State."